Friday 18 September 2015

'Clock Boy' Will Be Transferred To New School


The Texas teen gets an offer for an internship from Twitter after he was arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school.
A Muslim boy who was detained by police for taking a homemade clock into school that was mistaken for a bomb will not be returning to class, his father has said.
Ahmed Mohamed (L) and his clockAhmed Mohamed was led away in handcuffs at Irving MacArthur High School in north Texas on Monday after he brought in the device to his engineering class.
The 14-year-old is still suspended from the school, but his father Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed said they will look for private or home-schooling options rather than returning to class.
In an interview with WFAA, he said: "I feel like everything is a better place now, since some of the racial discrimination has stopped. It should be 0% racial discrimination and 100% success rate.
"Before I was really scared that no one was going to care about me because I'm a Muslim. I felt like I was singled out.
"And now everyone wants to interview me because of what happened and I can reassure you in the interviews I will make sure this never happens to another child and globally ever again.
"It made me feel like I had the power to fight back for others who couldn't fight for themselves."
Ahmed, the son of Sudanese immigrants, had brought the homework project to impress his engineering teacher on Monday but when the digital clock beeped during an English class, the teacher confiscated it claiming it looked like a bomb.


No comments:

Post a Comment