Saturday 25 February 2012

TIPS TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE TAKING MEDS PROPERLY.(FRONT)

AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE

Ask detailed questions

How and when do I take this?

When do I quit?

What is it supposed to do?

How do I know if it's working?

What are its possible side effects, and what do I do if have those?

What food, drink, other medicines or activities should I avoid while using this medicine?

Bring a complete list of all medicines you take

The doctor can check if a planned new drug will interact badly with an existing one.

AT THE PHARMACY

Ask the pharmacist for help if you have problems understanding the instructions.

AT HOME

Set up pill boxes each week with morning, noon and night doses in separate compartments.

On the Internet: www.talkaboutrx.org

SOURCE: National Council on Patient Information and Education Advice for doctors

No comments:

Post a Comment